We spent new years day getting some work done. We brushed out the soot in the flues before we remove them to minimize the mess. Under normal circumstances with a restoration of this type the firebox, flues and smoke box in that order would have been washed out with a fire hose. Alas, we have no door or a track thru the door to move the loco outside and no water. For the moment we utilize what we have. It warmed up to 30 degrees today.
|Work platform to clean and pull flues and tubes||R2D2 super soot sucker|
|Cool blue||Views of the sooty flues|
|Views of the sooty flues||Views of the sooty flues|